Thursday, November 19, 2009

Success

I have many things to be happy about since I last posted.

First, I have falling off the plateau. In the past 2 weeks I have lost 7 pounds! 42 pounds total! I don't know how it happened, but it did, so I won't complain! I hope my body is back on track and it will continue to lose weight. However, with the holidays coming up, I am a bit nervous!

Next, my injury has healed nicely. I am back to running and am happy again! For the first week I did basically nothing but take Medo on his nightly 3 mile walk. The second week I started running a mile and was, for the most part, pain free. I have worked myself back up to 2.25 miles, but want to take it slow for fear of reinjury.

Last, I have discovered the joys of outside running. I never thought I would really enjoy it, fearing my ultimate goal, the 5K Riverbank Run. Running outside is so nice and relaxing. There are things to look at, the time passes quicker, and actually, I run about 2 minutes faster per mile than I was on the treadmill!!! Amazing!

Rain, rain, stay away. Angie wants to run today!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent work! I am so very proud of you and so very jealous. I need to lose a TON of weight after this next baby, but I am so scared of doing it. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete